Pages

Monday 17 August 2020

Wonderings - Why are there so many Languages?

Wonderings


Why are there so many Languages?

The main reason why there are so many Languages has to do with the time distance. Groups of people that knows how to speak a certain language might get separated by distance, if that happens, they have to learn and develop a new language. After a long time of being separated and meeting new people, they end up speaking two different languages and might develop more.


What are the most spoken Languages?

The first one was Mandarin Chinese with 1.1 billion speakers. The second one is English with 983 million speakers. Both of these languages mostly have the same amount of speakers which is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.