Pages

Thursday 2 December 2021

Population Change of Maori and Europeans between 1836 - 1901 - New Zealand

For the next activity that we did in Social Studies, we were told to make a Multiline Graph about the population change of the Maoris and the Europeans between the years 1836 to 1901. 

What does the graph show us?
Like said earlier, the graph shows the change of the Maori and European population in the years 1836 - 1901. It shows big changes in the numbers of the numbers, especially the European population. Maori population went down because of the wars, especially having the muskets more available around the places. Another reason is because of the foreign diseases coming in, having the British going in and out of the Country. 

Why do you think the number of Maoris dropped, and the population of Europeans went rocket high?
The previous paragraph, it stated that one of the reasons why the population of the Maoris dropped was because of the wars that were occurring, especially having muskets more available around the country. I think that European's population went up because more and more Europeans went to the country. Some married the natives as well. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.