Pages

Tuesday 16 June 2020

How to make a Name Tag? - Creative Manufacturing


How to make a Name Tag

So for today’s blog post, I’m going to be telling you guys How to make a Name Tag. We’ve been focusing on how to make these for 8 weeks now and have finally finished on making it. I’m going to show you what my one looks like by the end of this Blog.

  1. The first thing that you have to do is to get a piece if Aluminium and cut it. The width of it must be 45 cm and the length should be about 20 cm. 
  2. Once you’ve finished cutting it, just get a file and file the sides of the Aluminium. You could file the corners of it to make a shape or just leave it as it is. If you want, you could also get a sandpaper and sand along the sides of the Aluminium
  3. After you have done that, you will now need a ruler and find a place where you can drill the hole. You could either drill it on one of the corners of the Aluminium or the middle of the side. After you’ve marked it, carefully drill a hole on it. Make sure it’s on the mark that you’ve made.
  4. The next thing that you need to do is to Polish. You need to use a buffing machine for that. The First thing that you do is to put a face shield on to protect your face in case the Aluminium flies off of your hand. Then you need something to hold your Aluminium with because it gets hot because of the Polisher. Then you put a clay polish onto the buffing wheel then you start polishing. I suggest that you keep on moving the Aluminium up and down while polishing it so that it would be much easier and quicker.
  5. The last and final thing that you need to do is to Nail stamp some letters on it. You could stamp any letters you want on it. It could be your name, your initials or just a letter. 

Here is a photo of the things that we used to make it with:   
             

Here is what my one looks like:
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.